This is the official power supply for the Raspberry Pi 3, brand new and in original box, supplied with Australia(AU) plug. It will also work with all other Raspberry Pi models that have a micro USB power connector, like the Raspberry Pi B+ and Raspberry Pi 2! The Pi 3 requires additional power, that is why this high current supply is marketed as being for the Pi 3.
Another advantage of this power supply is that the cable is attached directly to the actual power supply. If you measure the voltage drop across an USB cable supplying 2.5A, you will realize that the voltage can easily drop below the minimum USB required voltage. This problem gets worst the more connectors there are in series. Connecting the cable directly to the power supply reduces the series resistance, and provides a better, cleaner supply voltage. The cable used for this power supply is also very thick, and has a very low voltage drop(because of the low series resistance), even when supplying 2.5A to the target.
This product will be shipped via eParcel from Sydney (except if you upgrade to express post during checkout).
This product is just the power supply with cable. It does not included a Raspberry Pi or any other components!
- Designed For: Designed for the Raspberry Pi 3
- Compatibility: Compatible with Raspberry Pi B+, Pi 2 and any other product that requires power via a micro USB connector. Do NOT use as phone charger!
- Input: 100-240VAC 0.5A 50/60HZ
- Output Voltage: 5.1V
- Max Output Current: 2.5A
- Efficiency Rating: ErP Level 6 Efficiency Rating
- Power Connector: Micro USB
- Cable Lenght: 1.5m
- Manufacturer and Model: Stontronics DSA-13PFC-05
- Part Number: T6091DV
- Colour: Black
- Dimensions: 75mm x 60mm x 42cm
- Net weight: 115g
1 x Power supply with attached cable and micro USB connector