Please note that this product can be one of the following, depending on what we have in stock:
– ESP-WROOM-32: Original Module manufactured by Espressif
– ESP-32S: Clone of ESP-WROOM-32, manufactured by Ai-Thinker
As of December, 2017 all our stock is ESP-WROOM-32 modules from Espressif.
Both the ESP-32S and ESP-WROOM-32 are practically identical, and have identical specs and pin-outs. They are different colours, the one is black, and the other a dark blue.
The ESP-WROOM-32(ESP-32S) is a WiFi and Bluetooth module using the popular ESPRESSIF ESP32 chip. The pads on the module have a 1.27mm.
The ESP32 chip integrates a dual-core processor with 448 KByte ROM, 520 KByte SRAM, 16 KByte SRAM in RTC, 802.11 b/g/n/e/I Wi-Fi, Bluetooth v4.2 BR/EDR & BLE, clocks & Times, abundant peripheral Interfaces and sercurity mechanism.
Software can be developed using many different platforms, including Arduino. It is designed for Generic low power IoT sensor hub, loggers, video steaming for camera, Wi-Fi & Bluetooth enabled devices, Home automation and mesh network applications, aimed at makers, hardware engineers, software engineers and solution provides.
The ESP32 is the most integrated solution for Wi-Fi + Bluetooth applications in the industry with less than 10 external components. ESP32 integrates the antenna switch, RF balun, power amplifier, low noise receive amplifier, filters, and power management modules. As such, the entire solution occupies minimal Printed Circuit Board (PCB) area.
For additional information on the ESP32 see our wiki page.
For additional information on the ESP32, see our wiki page:
- CPU and Memory: Xtensa® 32-bit LX6 Dua-core processor, up to 600 DMIPS
- 4 MByte SPI Flash
- 448 KByte ROM
- 520 KByte SRAM
- 16 KByte SRAM in RTC
- On board 3DBi PCB antenna
- Compact size of 18mm x 25.5mm x 3.1mm (±0.2mm)
Supply Voltage: 2.2V~3.6V
- 802.11 b/g/n/e/i
- 802.11 n (2.4 GHz), up to 150 Mbps
- 802.11 e: QoS for wireless multimedia technology.
- WMM-PS, UAPSD
- MPDU and A-MSDU aggregation
- Block ACK
- Fragmentation and Defragmentation
- Automatic Beacon monitoring/scanning
- 802.11 i security features: pre-authentication and TSN
- Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA)/WPA2/WPA2-Enterprise/Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS)
- Infrastructure BSS Station mode/SoftAP mode
- Wi-Fi Direct (P2P), P2P Discovery, P2P Group Owner mode and P2P Power Management
- UMA compliant and certified
- Antenna diversity and selection
- Compliant with Bluetooth v4.2 BR/EDR and BLE specification
- Class-1, class-2 and class-3 transmitter without external power amplifier
- Enhanced power control
- +10 dBm transmitting power
- NZIF receiver with -98 dBm sensitivity
- Adaptive Frequency Hopping (AFH)
- Standard HCI based on SDIO/SPI/UART ? High speed UART HCI, up to 4 Mbps
- BT 4.2 controller and host stack
- Service Discover Protocol (SDP)
- General Access Profile (GAP)
- Security Manage Protocol (SMP)
- Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)
- All GATT-based profile supported
- SPP-Like GATT-based profile
- BLE Beacon
- A2DP/AVRCP/SPP, HSP/HFP, RFCOMM
- CVSD and SBC for audio codec
- Bluetooth Piconet and Scatternet
1 x ESP-32S Module